Singapore Institute of Aerospace Engineers (SIAE) and Air Engineering & Logistics Department (AELD) of the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) welcome you to join us at SATEC 2018
Singapore Aerospace Technology and Engineering Conference (SATEC) is the premier aviation conference that is held in conjunction with the Singapore Airshow and RSAF 50. It is a platform for researchers, aviation operators and practising aviation engineers to present and discuss key developments and advancements in aerospace technology and engineering. The eighth edition of this biennial conference will be held on 07 February 2018 at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre.
At the National Day Rally on 20 Aug 2017, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong spoke about making Singapore a SMART Nation. In line with this initiative, the theme of SATEC 2018 is Shaping Aerospace Through Innovation. The key focus will be on the innovative use of technology and engineering to meet new and evolving challenges in the aerospace industry. The conference will feature a plenary session and 5 breakout sessions involving speakers from various organisations. It is expected to attract the world’s leading aviation groups and companies as well as a regional audience of top military personnel.
- Provide a platform for engineers and researchers from MINDEF, industry and academia to present key developments in aerospace technology.
- Discuss the latest advancements in aerospace engineering and maintenance practices from leading aerospace companies and R&D institutions.
- Exchange knowledge and establish networks to help raise their engineering competency and further develop relevant ideas among local and regional companies and institutions.
The Call-For-Papers exercise is now closed. More details can be found here: SATEC 2018 Call-for-Papers.
For more information on SATEC 2018’s participation, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, please send in your enquires to: email@example.com
In Conjunction With
[label]Note: Accurate as of 31 Jan 2018.[/label]
|0730||Registration & Coffee/Tea|
Military Expert 8 Francis Cheong
Head Air Engineering and Logistics (HAEL), Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF)
Mr Lim Yeow Khee
President, Singapore Institute of Aerospace Engineers (SIAE)
|0840||Keynote Address by Guest of Honour (GOH)
Permanent Secretary (Defence Development), Ministry of Defence, Singapore
|0910||Speech by Distinguished Guest Speaker (1)
Director, Research & Technology (R&T), Strategy Directorate, DGA (France)
Speech by Distinguished Guest Speaker (2)
President, The Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
|1030||Speech by Distinguished Guest Speaker (3)
Acting Deputy Administrator, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Head of Digital Transformation Office, Airbus Defence and Space
Vice President, Technology and Environment, Pratt & Whitney
Deputy Head Air Engineering & Logistics (Systems Engineering), RSAF
|1330 – 1730||5 Parallel Breakout Sessions
For SATEC 18 Booklet, please download here.
SATEC 2018 Speakers Papers
Breakout session (PM)
Structures and Mechanical Systems
4) Improving Efficiency of Aerospace Paint Shops
6) Water-free Universal Surface Cleaner by Laser
2) Smart Drone Evolution: The Bright Future of the Flying Robots
4) Countering Drones – A SIGINT-based Solution
1) Innovation in Propulsion Technology – ‘More Intelligent and More Electric’
2) An Overview of Additive Technologies at GE
3) Testing and Commercialisation of Supersonic and Hypersonic Air Breathing Engine
5) Innovations and Opportunities for In-Service Support for Military Propulsion Systems
Mission Systems/ Virtual Training
4) Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System
6) Go Direct Connectivity Services
7) Design and Certification Considerations for Aerostat Operations in Singapore
Innovation and Applicable Technology
3) Robotics with Automation for Airbase Field Operations
5) Conceptual Design of a Low-Cost Training Helicopter
6) Innovation in Maintenance operation through careful engineering of Technologies
For SATEC 18 Booklet, please download here.
Please find our conference fees below:
|TYPE||PRICE – Single Package||PRICE – Group (min.10 pax)|
|Commercial Delegate||SGD 850 per pax||SGD 800 per pax|
|Academic & Research||SGD 400 per pax||SGD 350 per pax|
|Student^||SGD 100 per pax||SGD 50 per pax|
*Corporate and individual member
^Afternoon session only
SATEC Conference Pass Payment Form <— Click
The cut off payment is 31 Jan 2018. Please note that conference pass is not confirmed without SIAE email confirmation. Organising team will not be collecting any payment on conference day.
For more information on SATEC 2018, conference fees, participation, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, send in your enquiries to:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +65 6659 8266